Superkids Levenshulme- Terms and Conditions
- Parents/carers will ensure that all telephone numbers, contact details and information on the registration forms are kept up to date at all times.
- Parents will ensure that any person who will be regularly dropping off/ collecting their child at the nursery is set up and able to sign the child in/out on the Vizilogger system. If a child is unable to be signed in on the Vizilogger system they may not be able to attend their session.
- We will be using an online learning journey and diary system. Parents will be able to access their child’s e-journal via an app.
- Children will not be accepted into the nursery before their session start time, unless pre-arranged extra sessions have been agreed between the nursery manager and parent/carer.
- All children are expected to behave appropriately at the setting. Parents will be informed if their child’s behaviour is inappropriate.
- All parents/carers are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous manner whilst on the nursery premises and grounds. We ask that you set a good example to your children by treating our colleagues with the respect they deserve whilst at work. We reserve the right to terminate your child’s place at the nursery should any physical or verbal threats be made towards a child, member of staff, other parents or visitors to the setting.
- Parents and carers will familiarise themselves with the nursery policies and procedures located within the ‘Parent Policy File’ on the parent notice board in reception.
- A minimum of two sessions across two days must be booked.
- The nursery will not be held responsible for loss or damage to any items including toys and personal items brought to the nursery.
- Mobile phones and ICT devices are not permitted for use within the nursery building including the reception areas.
- The nursery and its grounds are a smoke-free zone.
Attendance and Lateness;
- If your child will not be attending the nursery for any reason i.e. sickness, holidays etc., parents must make contact with the nursery to inform them of their child’s absence and the reason why. Failure to inform the nursery may result in us making contact with the family at the end of the day to ask the reason why the child did not attend their planned session in line with our Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Any holiday periods or sickness days the children are absent from the nursery will still be charged for and remain payable.
- A late collection fee of £10 per 15 minutes of lateness will be charged.
- If you wish to book any extra sessions for your child on days they do not normally attend these sessions must be paid in full, by bank transfer, childcare voucher or via the Tax Free Childcare (TFC) at the time of booking. Any extra sessions not pre-paid for will not be honoured by the nursery.
- If any extra sessions are booked these sessions must be honoured by the parents. If they are cancelled or you choose not to bring your child for the booked extra session you will be liable for the cost of the session.
- Our closed Facebook page is only visible to parents of children attending Superkids.
- Photos of children only appear on this page; they do not appear on our public Facebook page, or our Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Permission for us to post photos of your child on our closed Facebook page is assumed unless you indicate otherwise on your child’s registration form or we receive a written request not to post them.
- Payment must be made by 1st of the month, by standing order, childcare voucher or TFC.
- Late payments will be charged at the rate of £10.00 per day after 1st of the month.
- Failure to pay by a reasonable date (to be determined at the discretion of Superkids) will result in the withdrawal of your child’s place at Superkids.
- It is the responsibility of parents to apply for any government funding available for their childcare. Superkids does not take responsibility in the event of a parent not being awarded funding.
- If funding is not awarded to a parent, for any reason, the full cost of any booked sessions is payable.
Terminating/Reducing attendance of a nursery place;
- A minimum of one month’s notice is required to terminate or to make a change, by reduction, to any booked sessions at the nursery. If one month’s notice is not provided parents will remain liable to pay the cost for the one month’s notice.